Transmission: Automatic
Drive type: RWD
Interior color: Tan
Drive side: Left-hand drive
Options: Convertible, Leather Seats, Cassette Player
Vehicle Title: Clean
You are interested? Contact the seller!

Car description

Mercedes-Benz SL-Class - 450 SL. Loved dearly by its current owner, this car is now ready for its next adventure. This car has been taken care of with great detail and has only had two owners - the first owner drove it for one year, and it's been with the current owner ever since! My car has never been driven outside of Southern California or driven in snow. Car has only been driven approximately 5000 miles per year over the last 40 years. 95% of those miles were highway miles with very little city driving. There is no damage due to rust anywhere on or under carriage and factory installed under coat is still in good condition. Please refer to pictures, with more pictures available on request. With a removable hard top, this red convertible just passed a smog check in September 28, 2020. Featuring impeccable factory red paint and a tan leather interior, this Mercedes is quite a looker!
Please note: car has a new battery and has never been in an accident in its 41 years! Soft top was in great condition last time I used it 5 years ago. As I am retired the hard top and the soft top are too difficult for me to remove and operate. Air conditioner and stereo could use some work, but everything else on the car works perfect. Car was parked in a covered garage with a custom fabric cover, in the dry air of the 92373 zip code for over 35 years. Cover included with car!
All fluids have been checked in cooling system, transmission, differential, power steering, brake system washer fluid & battery. Oil filter has been replaced and oil renewed. Timing chain and front cylinders were inspected and the timing chain tensioner was replaced in 2019. Valve cover gaskets replaced, muffler hangers have been replaced, neutral safety switch replaced, shifter bushings replaced, EGR valve replaced. In 2017 front and real brake pads and rotors replaced and front flex plate replaced. Owner is happy to show service records upon request. The car is currently stored in under ground garage with car cover in the 92054 zip code.
Car has been detailed and is ready to meet its new owner!

More classic cars for sale