1969 ROLLS ROYCE SILVER SHADOW LEFT HAND DRIVE, GREAT PROJECT. LIKE A BENTLEY T1

1969 Rolls-Royce Silver Shadow

Technical specifications of Rolls-Royce Silver Shadow 1969

Price: -
Item location: Greenville, South Carolina, United States
Make: Rolls-Royce
Model: Silver Shadow
Year: 1969
Mileage: 73,874
Vehicle Title: Clear
You are interested? Contact the seller!

Car description

This 1969 LHD Silver Shadow is complete and original apart from one top half repaint nearly 20 years ago. The paint looks good from ten feet but as you can see there are some defects andblemish`s here and there. I believe the car was solid lightmetallic Seychelles blue when new, which would have been a very nice combination with the dark blue leather interior. In my opinion the car would benefit greatly from a top half repaint either in the original light blue or maybe a darker bluemetallic. With that done the old girl would look splendid on the outside. The interior is original with the leather showing some age cracking and general wear. The carpets have been renewed at some point. All the power windows work fine except the drivers which has a hard time coming up. All the glass is perfect including the windshield. There is a teeny tiny TV in the center console, its really cool and I`d say from the late sixties or early seventies. Its so small there is a removable magnifier on the screen and the TV is part of a radio/cassette combo. We`ve come a long way have`nt we! An aftermarket cruise control has been fitted. I heartily encourage your inspection, if you need specific photos simply ask and they will be provided.
The engine runs well but the gas is stale so we ran it by filling the fuel bowls from a gallon jug. There was a little lifter noise at cold start up but it died away as the engine warmed up, typical of any hydraulic lifter engine that sits for an extended period. No smoke or bad noises and she starts easily hot or cold. The fuel pump runs independently off of aseparate switch from the ignition. All the lights work and the power seats work, the heater fan is making a screeching sound but it does come on. The power locks try to work, I can hear the solenoids clicking. I put a brand new heavy duty battery in the car last week and it starts the car easily. the car has been stored indoors for many years so it will definitely need brake work to be drivable. There was a tiny bit of pedal a few weeks ago but now the pedal goes right to the floor. You will also need to flush the fuel system out. There is very little rust on this car, namely in the lower left quarter panel, see pictures. The underside is very solid.
To sum up the old girl is an unmolested mostly original car with 73,874 miles showing and is a good candidate for restoration, namely the brakes and fuel system to bedrivable. If you have any questions or want to make an offer call David on 864 356 3343 M-F 9-5. I do know several truckers who could deliver the car so please call or email for a delivery quote. The car comes with good clear title.
$500PayPal deposit at the auctions end. The balance must be cash or a bank wire. I will accept cash green money at pick up or a bank wire transfer. No other forms of payment will beaccepted. Overseas shipping is no problem, just email or call for a shipping quote to your country. The buyer is responsible for all shipping costs. Thanks and good luck.

More classic cars for sale